Migration and discrimination of migrants were topics of a two day workshop at the Museum of History of Polish Jews in Warsaw.
We learnt what we need to act against discrimination: knowledge, skills, reflection -> motivation to act. These reminds me of the concept of Swiss Johann Pestalozzi „head, heart and hand” [głowa, serce, ręka]. It means that our mind, feelings and actions should „act” together.
Mechanism of discrimination in short looks like this. / Mechanizm dyskryminacji w skrócie wygląda tak:
We shared some links related to discrimination and education:
1. History and human rights. Textbook – with workshoops about „state and individuum”, „minority-majority”, freedom of speech, rights of imprisoned people, social rights: in English, in Polish.
2. Antidiscrimination – educational materials in Polish: materials nr 1 or materials nr 2.
3. Textbook about hate speech „Bookmarks” – in English, in Polish.
4. School without discrimination – worksheets for teachers (in Polish): materials nr 1,
materials nr 2.
5. http://rownosc.info (in Polish) and http://rownosc.info/english/ (in English)
6. List of NGOs who deal with discrimination, migration, cultures etc: http://www.bezuprzedzen.org/linki/.
7. A method: „Parts of my identity” („Fragmenty mojej tożsamości”), worksheet.